- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India (2009)
- DST INSPIRE Faculty, S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (2012- present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA (2009-2012)
Important Award, Recognition and Fellowship:
- SERB Women Excellence Award, 2017.
- Young Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), 2015.
- DST INSPIRE Faculty award, 2012.
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET for CSIR Fellowship in Chemical Sciences. Secured place among top 20% awardees.
- Low Temperature Chemical Routes Alloy and Intermetallics
- Chemistry of Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Nanomaterials
- Fabrication of Metal-Semiconductor Nanocomposites
- Low Temperature Chemical Routes to d-d Hollow Intermetallics
- Environmental and Catalytic Applications
Significant Selected Publications:
- S. Das, A. Samanta and S. Jana, Light-Assisted Synthesis of Hierarchical Flower-Like MnO2 Nanocomposites with Solar Light Induced Enhanced Photocatalytic Activity, ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2017, 5, 9086−9094
- S. Das and S. Jana, Tubular Nanoreactor Directing the Formation of In Situ Iron Oxide Nanorods with Superior Photocatalytic Activity. Environmental Science: Nano 2017, 4, 596-603.
- S. Jana, A. V. Kondakova, S. N. Shevchenko, E. V. Sheval, K. A. Gonchar, V. U. Timoshenko and A. N. Vasilev, Halloysite Nanotubes with Immobilized Silver Nanoparticles for Anti-Bacterial Application, Colloids and Surfaces B: Biointerfaces 2017, 151, 249-254.
- S. Das, C. Ghosh and S. Jana, Moisture Induced Isotopic Carbon Dioxide Trapping from Ambient Air , Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2016, 4, 7632 – 7640. (Featured as Back Cover) .
- A. Bhowmik, H. Kaur, S. Koley, S. Jana and S. Ghosh, Diffusion Assisted Bimolecular Electron Injection to CdS Quantum Dots: Existence of Different Regimes in Time Dependent Sink Term of Collins Kimball Model, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2016, 120, 5308 – 5314.
- S. Das, A. Maity, M. Pradhan and S. Jana, Assessing Atmospheric CO2 Entrapped in Clay Nanotubes using Residual Gas Analyzer, Analytical Chemistry, 2016, 88, 2205 – 2211.
- S. Jana, Advances in Nanoscale Alloys and Intermetallics: Low Temperature Solution Chemistry Synthesis and Application in Catalysis, Dalton Transactions 2015, 44, 18692 – 18717.
- S. Jana, S. Das, C. Ghosh, A. Maity and M. Pradhan, Halloysite Nanotubes Capturing Isotope Selective Atmospheric CO2, Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 8711.
- S. Das and S. Jana, A Facile Approach to Fabricate Halloysite/Metal Nanocomposites with Preformed and In situ Synthesized Metal Nanoparticles: A Comparative Study of Their Enhanced Catalytic Activity, Dalton Transactions 2015, 44, 8906 - 8916.
- S. Jana, J. W. Chang and R. M. Rioux, Synthesis and Modeling of Hollow Intermetallic Ni−Zn Nanoparticles Formed by the Kirkendall Effect, Nano Letters 2013, 13, 3618 − 3625.