- Ph.D.: Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India (2009)
- DST INSPIRE Faculty, S. N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata (2012- present)
- Postdoctoral Research Associate, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, USA (2009-2012)
Important Award, Recognition and Fellowship:
- SERB Women Excellence Award, 2017.
- Young Associate of Indian Academy of Sciences, 2015.
- Editorial Board Member of Scientific Reports (Nature Publishing Group), 2015.
- DST INSPIRE Faculty award, 2012.
- Qualified CSIR-UGC NET for CSIR Fellowship in Chemical Sciences. Secured place among top 20% awardees.
- Colloidal Synthesis of Nanoscale Alloy and Intermetallics
- Chemistry of Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Nanomaterials
- Fabrication of Metal-Semiconductor Nanocomposites
- Low Temperature Chemical Routes to d-d Hollow Intermetallics
- Environmental and Catalytic Applications
Significant Selected Publications:
- S. Das, C. Ghosh and S. Jana, Moisture Induced Isotopic Carbon Dioxide Trapping from Ambient Air , Journal of Materials Chemistry A 2016, 4, 7632 – 7640. (Featured as Back Cover) .
- K. A. Gonchar, A.V. Kondakova, S. Jana, V. Yu. Timoshenko and A. N. Vasilev, Investigation of Halloysite with Deposited Silver Nanoparticles by Methods of Optical Spectroscopy, Physics of the Solid State, 2016, 58, 601-605.
- S. Das, A. Maity, M. Pradhan and S. Jana, Assessing Atmospheric CO2 Entrapped in Clay Nanotubes using Residual Gas Analyzer, Analytical Chemistry, 2016, 88, 2205 – 2211.
- S. Jana, Advances in Nanoscale Alloys and Intermetallics: Low Temperature Solution Chemistry Synthesis and Application in Catalysis, Dalton Transactions 2015, 44, 18692 – 18717.
- S. Jana, S. Das, C. Ghosh, A. Maity and M. Pradhan, Halloysite Nanotubes Capturing Isotope Selective Atmospheric CO2, Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 8711.
- S. Das and S. Jana, A Facile Approach to Fabricate Halloysite/Metal Nanocomposites with Preformed and In situ Synthesized Metal Nanoparticles: A Comparative Study of Their Enhanced Catalytic Activity, Dalton Transactions 2015, 44, 8906 - 8916.
- S. Som, A. De, G. D. Banik, A. Maity, C. Ghosh, M. Pal, S. Daschakraborty, S. Chaudhuri, S. Jana and M. Pradhan, Mechanisms Linking Metabolism of Helicobacter Pylori to 18O and 13C-Isotopes of Human Breath CO2, Scientific Reports 2015, 5, 10936.
- S. Jana and S. Das, Development of Novel Inorganic-Organic Hybrid Nanocomposites as Recyclable Adsorbent and Catalyst, RSC Advances 2014, 4, 34435 - 34442.
- S. Jana, J. W. Chang and R. M. Rioux, Synthesis and Modeling of Hollow Intermetallic Ni−Zn Nanoparticles Formed by the Kirkendall Effect, Nano Letters 2013, 13, 3618 − 3625.
- S. Jana and R. M. Rioux, Seeded Growth Induced Amorphous to Crystalline Transformation of Niobium Oxide Nanostructures, Nanoscale 2012, 4, 1782 -1788.
- S. Jana, S. Pande, A. K. Sinha, S. Sarkar, M. Pradhan, M. Basu, S. Saha and T. Pal, A Green Chemistry Approach for the Synthesis of Flower-like Ag-Doped MnO2 Nanostructure Probed by Surface Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Journal of Physical Chemistry C 2009, 113, 1386 - 1392.
- S. Jana, S. Pande, A. K. Sinha and T. Pal, Synthesis of Superparamagnetic β-MnO2 Organosol: A Photo-Catalyst for Oxidative Phenol Coupling Reaction, Inorganic Chemistry 2008, 47, 5558 - 5560.
- S. Jana, S. Praharaj, S. Panigrahi, S. Basu, S. Pande, C.-H. Chang and T. Pal, Light-Induced Hydrolysis of Nitriles by Photoproduced a-MnO2 Nanorods on Polystyrene Beads, Organic Letters 2007, 9, 2191 - 2193.