- B.Sc. (2006): Department of Physics, Jadavpur University
- M.Sc. (2008): Department of Physics, Jadavpur University
- Ph.D. (2013): Department of Spectroscopy, Indian Association for the Cultivation of Science (IACS), Kolkata (degree awarded by Jadavpur University
Assistant Professor (2013 to 2018), Department of Physics, National Institute of Technology Silchar, Assam
Assistant Professor Grade I (2018-2021), Department of Physics National Institute of Technology Silchar, Assam
Assistant Professor (2021 to till date): Department of Condensed Matter Physics and Material Sciences, S.N. Bose National Centre for Basic Sciences, Kolkata
Main area of Research:
- Experimental Condensed Matter Physics and Materials Science
- Layered nanohybrid for electronic and optoelectronic applications
- Polymer nanocomposites based Resistive memory devices
- Functional nanomaterials and devices for Neuromorphic applications
- Interfacial understanding of semiconductor heterostructures and nanostructures
Significant Recent Publications:
- D. Chakraborty, M. Devi, B. Das, M. H. Barbhuiya, S S. Dhar, and A. Chowdhury, A benevolent direction to environmental suitability: ionic liquid immobilized MoO3 nanoparticles used in the efficient visible light driven photocatalytic degradation of antibiotics, New J. Chem., 2021, 45, 12922.
- A. Nyayban, S. Panda and A. Chowdhury, Structural, electronic and optical properties of lead free Rb based triiodide for photovoltaic application: an ab initio study, J. Phys.: Condens. Matter 33 (2021) 375702.
- VV Bhagwat, S Roy, B Das, N Shah, A Chowdhury, Performance of finned heat pipe assisted parabolic trough solar collector system under the climatic condition of North East India, Sustainable Energy Technologies and Assessments 45 (2021) 101171.
- K.K. Gogoi, S. Das, S. Maiti, Avijit Chowdhury, Semiconductor-Grafted Polymer-Embedded Graphene Oxide Nanohybrid for Power-Efficient Non-Volatile Resistive Memory Applications, ACS Applied Nano Materials 3 (11) (2020) 11562-11573.
- A Nyayban, S Panda, Avijit Chowdhury, BI Sharma, First principle studies of rubidium lead halides towards photovoltaic application, Materials Today Communications 24 (2020) 101190.
- K. K. Gogoi and Avijit Chowdhury, Performance Improvement of Organic Resistive Memories by Exploiting Synergistic Layered Nano-hybrid Dispersed Polymer Composites, Journal of Applied physics 127 (2020) 065501). (Selected for Editor's Pick).
- K. K. Gogoi and Avijit Chowdhury, Performance Enhancement of Solution Processed Organic Memories by Exploiting Synergistic Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Composites, The Journal of Physical Chemistry C 124 (2020) 1108-1120.
- R. C. Das, K. K. Gogoi, N. S. Das, and Avijit Chowdhury, Optimization of Quantum Yield of Highly Luminescent Graphene Oxide Quantum Dots and Their Application in Resistive Memory Devices, Semiconductor Science and Technology 34 (2019) 125016.
- K. K. Gogoi, R. Das, T. Paul, S. Ghosh, Avijit Chowdhury, Tuning of Bipolar Resistive Switching and Memory Characteristics of Cadmium Sulphide Nanorods Embedded in PMMA Matrix, Materials Research Express 6 (2019) 115107.
- K. K. Gogoi and Avijit Chowdhury, Electric Field Induced Tunable Memristive Characteristics of Exfoliated Graphene Oxide Embedded Polymer Nanocomposites, Journal of Applied Physics 126 (2019) 025501-11.
- K. K. Gogoi, N. S. Das, Avijit Chowdhury, Tuning of electrical hysteresis in PMMA/GOs/PMMA multi-stacked devices, Materials Research Express 6 (2019) 085108.